7 Games To Play With The Family During a Road Trip
Traveling with your kids can be a daunting process, especially on times they are getting impatient. Sure enough, some trips will require them to sit inside the vehicle for hours. And that can send them agitated. After all, we all know that children have energies that we need to expend.
Another situation is when you get stuck in traffic. The latter can make short trips into exhausting tribulations. Don’t ever think that if you can endure it, your kids can, too. Just like I’ve said, their patience is extremely low.
To distract them from the nuisances, it would be great if you can provide entertainment for them. Since games are already a thing today, you might as well incorporate them in your travel plan so that you can have a smooth driving experience. Here are some of those games that I’m talking about.
Games To Play With The Family During a Road Trip
1. Road Trip Bingo – This is a modified type of bingo. It combined the game with the traditional scavenger hunt. Each of the players should have a surface (like a hardcover book) and place it into their lap. They will also get bingo cards and sixteen pennies that are enclosed in a zip-lock bag. Players who spy an item on his card should hide the picture using the pennies. And same as with ordinary bingo games, the player who gets all the squared covered is declared the winner.
2. License Plate Game – The license plate game is already an old one, but it can always keep your little passengers occupied. You only need paper and a pencil here. Let your kids write all the names of the states present on the license plates of the vehicles they can see. The goal here is to complete all the states on a single trip. In some instances, some games might have the opportunity to include Canadian states as well!
3. Guess The Song – Just like the name of this game suggests, “Guess The Song” requires the player to identify the song that is being played. In this game, you can either use the radio of your vehicle or your Spotify playlist. To make things even harder, instruct your kids to name the song and its artists. It is a game that will undoubtedly grind their memory and persistence. Set a score limit so that you can declare a winner. After one round, you can restart again!
4. Truth Or Dare (Safe) – Who says that you can’t play a game of Truth or Dare inside your vehicle. As long as the dares are contained inside your car, there should never be a problem. This game is an exciting one as it might reveal all the deepest secrets that your little angels are trying to hide from you. While playing, just remind them that all the “dares” should only be conducted inside the vehicle.
5. Deep Questions – This one is not exactly a game as compared to the previous ones I listed here. However, it can really excite the minds of your children. After all, each of them will take turns in asking questions that nobody has asked them before. As long as the questions are harmless, it will be entertaining! L
6. I’m Going On A Picnic – This is a game that can sharpen the memories for your kids. It is a perfect choice if your little ones are already five years old or older. In this game, players are required to mention a word that corresponds to a particular alphabet. Specifically, the players should say, “I’m going on a picnic, and I’m bringing” phrase before mentioning the word that starts on a particular letter. Of course, the letter should be in alphabetical order. Here’s an example: “I’m going on a picnic, and I’m bringing an Apple.” The more players that will participate in the game, the better!
7. 6 Degrees of Separation – In this game, a player will be required to give two names of people to other players. Their task here is simple: to build a connection between the two people. But here’s the catch. They should be able to connect them in six people or less. Hence the name of the game. The shorter the link that they can make, the bigger the points they can earn!
All of these games can certainly occupy your children while you are on the long, winding road. It would really be great if you can implement these games every time you are bringing your young ones with you. These activities can prevent boredom and irritation.