It is important that you can clean the interior of your car. It is not just for maintenance; you can do it to improve or retain the overall value of your vehicle, which is essential if you are planning to sell it.
Here are some of the methods that you can ensure that your car’s interior is squeaky and thoroughly clean.
- First, you need to remove all other non-related items from your car. Bags, books, and magazines should be taken out from there. It is a good method to recover lost or forgotten items inside your vehicle.
- You should also remove the paper, water bottles, and other recyclable items that are scattered around. Put them in a recycling container so that they can be picked up later by garbage disposal units.
- In general, you need to take out all the trans inside your car. Put them in a garbage bag. Make sure that you are wearing gloves so that you can maintain sanitation.
Cleaning The Central Console
- Use a rag and moisten it with the use of a glass or household cleaner. After that, apply it to the console. Start cleaning in the cleanest area down to the dirtiest.
- You should also clean the dashboard area and steering wheel. Don’t leave them without being wiped properly. You should not skip the gearstick and door pockets, too.
- When cleaning these parts, it is vital that you are using a clean cloth. Otherwise, you are just spreading the mess. You will not make any progress at all. It would also be great if you can utilize a cotton bud to eliminate the grime on areas that are difficult to access, such as the detailing of the car’s steering wheel.
- Use cleaning wipes or clean rags to remove the dust that gathered inside the cup holders.
Cleaning The Dashboard
- Make sure that the dashboard is clean, too. You can use a damp rag to wipe the buttons. After that, dry it with the use of a clean cloth.
- If you have a flathead screwdriver, use it to clean the edges of the buttons. Wrap a thin rag to the head of the screwdriver. After that, run it alongside the buttons so that you can eliminate the grime and dust that gathered there.
- Get an old or unused toothbrush so that you can deal with the tough spots of the dashboard, such as its leather grain. Just make sure that the toothbrush has soft bristles so that they won’t cause any scratches. When brushing, make a circular motion to ensure that the dirt gets cleaned.
Cleaning The Interior Windows
- In cleaning a car’s window, it is crucial that you use the appropriate cleaner and microfibre towel. The latter works well in cleaning windows because they can eliminate deeply rooted stains without streaking.
- You have to avoid using ammonia in cleaning your car’s windows. It has an adverse effect on the plastic parts of your vehicle. It can also damage the windows.
- Scrub the windows thoroughly. Start in the windshield, going to the side windows and read windows. If your vehicle has a sunroof, clean it last. Do not scrub randomly. Use a circular motion, instead.
- After scrubbing, flip the towel to its clean side and polish the windows to eliminate the streaks. Be meticulous in cleaning the edges and corners of the windows. If you have time, repeat this process twice or thrice.
Cleaning The Upholstery
- First, you need to clean the floor mats. Do this before you vacuum the entire floor. Remove the floor mat so that you can deal with the grime that accumulated there. If the floor mat is made of plastic, remove it so that you can shake it. The dust will be removed in this process. After that, spray it with water then dry afterward. If you have carpet mats, take them out for vacuuming.
- Start vacuuming the interior ceiling of your vehicle. Do it thoroughly until you can go down to the floor. Of course, you need to use the right kind of nozzle attachments so that you can vacuum various parts of the interior.
- You need to move the seats so that you can clean those hard-to-reach areas. Specifically, you should push them back so that their bottom part will be revealed. After that, utilize a crevice tool so that you can eliminate the grime and debris there.
- If you have leather seats, use the appropriate cleaner and soft brush to clean it. Wipe it as cleanly as possible so that it won’t get dry and crack.